Friday, December 17, 2010

Tron: Legacy

Today, Tron: Legacy came out and I went and saw it in 3D. The movie wasn't too bad, not as good and the trailer made it out to be, but I enjoyed it. This movie is a sequel SO YOU HAVE TO SEE THE FIRST ONE BEFORE THIS ONE. The movie starts out with Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) telling the story of the first Tron to his son, Sam (the hottie Garett Hedlund). Kevin then goes missing and like 20 years later, Sam goes looking for him and ends up in The Grid which is in the computer. Sam gets sent to the games where the computer people find out that he is Sam Flynn. The take him to the man in charge which looks like his father, but it is a program named Clu that was designed by Flynn. Clu challenges Sam to a game of Light Cycles and as Clu almost destroys Sam, Quorra saves him and takes him to his dad. They only have a few hours to get to the portal out before it shuts while racing Clu.


The trailers promised a sweet action movie but only delivered an action movie. The movie was good, but I was just a little excited for it. I did enjoy watching Garret Hedlund run around and ride a motorcycle. I still recommend that everyone go and see it. I think if anyone just went and saw it without any expectations, they would enjoy the movie.
The trailers they showed before the movie were for The Green Lanturn, The Green Hornet, Cars 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, and Rio, all I have seen except for the new Rio trailer. Check out all of these trailers on imdb.com and also check out the new The Fast and The Furious trailer for Fast 5 (Paul Walker!!!!!!!!!).

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I'll see Tron till it comes out in the dollar theatre, but it still looks like it's a good movie.

    As for the trailers, I think Cars 2 and Pirates 4 look like they will be disappointing. I mean, c'mon! Jack Sparrow having a lasting love interest throughout the movie and Mater and McQueen in some kind of James Bond type action? I don't think so...

    ReplyDelete