Monday, July 5, 2010

Teaching Swimming Lessons SUCKS!

Well sort of. Today was my first day of swim lessons and I found out it was not what I expected. Well first off, I'm suppose to be an aid but I'm a teacher. And I don't get paid as a teacher cause I don't have my WSI (Water Safty Instructor) certification. I got stuck with levels 1, 2, and 3. I teach level 1 at 10 in the morning, level 2 at 11 in the morning, and level 3 at 6 at night. So I have to go back there and teach tonight.
Level 1 sucks because the kids are too scared to even get in the water. They wont even come up to chest level. It sucks so we have to babysit them and try to make them get in the water. That is not fun at all. Level 2 is a little better cause they listen a little better and they can do more things and they aren't as scared. But they are all over the place.
I don't know how I'm going to do with level 3 but they should mostly know how to swim. The only good is that I get to be in the water 3 hours a day and get tan. haha. It also gets me out of my other job selling Cutco. I really don't want to sell Cutco anymore. I don't really like talking to people and going to stranger's houses. Oh well. The summer is almost over so I can do these jobs for another 2 months. Oh and my brother left for school today. So no more Steven.

1 comment:

  1. It was funny because my mom actually asked me if you taught swimming lessons. She wants to get my two little sisters started. But she asked me a long time ago, long before you told me you were teaching them and long before you posted this blog...haha..

    ReplyDelete