Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sucker Punch


I started this post on Saturday, March 26, and I have been so busy that I haven't been able to finish until now so enjoy.
For my birthday, I got to see the movie Sucker Punch and I really liked it. It was a pretty cool movie. There was a lot of awesome music and graphics and fighting action. The movie is about a girl, Baby Doll, whose mom dies and leaves her fortune to Baby Doll and her little sister. The stepdad does not like that and after a drunken fit decides to go and rape the girls. Baby Doll gets a gun to stop him but accidentally shoots and kills her sister. The stepdad decides to put her in a mental institution to keep her away from the police. At the mental institute, a doctor is coming in 5 days to give her a lobotomy. Baby Doll goes into a fantasy reality to cope with the things that are happening to her which starts to bring some of the cool graphics. Baby Doll has 5 days to escape and she gets help from the other girls, Sweet Pea, Rocket, Blondie, and Amber. They have to collect things to get them out; a map, a key, fire, and a knife. When they go and get these things is when the alternate alternate reality happens and all the graphics and cool stuff is. They have to gather these things without being caught by the person in charge, Blue, or they will all get in trouble.
This movie was super cool looking and was not only enjoyable to 17 year old boys. There was awesome music, graphics, fighting, and costumes. My favorite costume was the one Sweet Pea wore in the alternate alternate reality (not the most modest, but certainly cool). I will try to find a good picture and put it up. The storyline was all about never giving up and fighting to be heard. I really enjoyed it. My mom thought it was kind of weird, so I guess not for all audiences, but oh well. I would give this movie a 70%.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the movie!! i was super confused for quite some time, but i eventually figured it out. Loved the music, costuming, and the special effects

    ReplyDelete